Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm just a Broadway Baby

So, back in March, I was production manager of Mansfield University's production of the classic musical THE SOUND OF MUSIC.  The ladies of that production are currently in New York City singing in a concert version of that musical at Carnegie Hall.  This got me to thinking about all the great women who have become legends of the Broadway stage.  So, in honor of those ladies and my Sound of Music ladies, I thought I would post some videos and photos of those great ladies of the Great White Way .....

 Julie in My Fair Lady
JULIE ANDREWS

Angela in Sweeney Todd
ANGELA LANSBURY

Chita in Kiss of the Spiderwoman
CHITA RIVERA

Bernadette in Into the Woods
BERNADETTE PETERS

Patti in Gypsy
PATTI LUPONE

Ethel in Annie Get Your Gun
ETHEL MERMAN

Mary in The Sound of Music
MARY MARTIN








No comments:

Post a Comment