Thursday, May 24, 2012

No One Is Alone

In the musical "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown", one of first lines of dialogue is "Lunchtime is about the loneliest time of day."  I have come to realize that statement to be true.  I seem to always end up by myself for lunch recently.  Now, I actually like being alone most of the time.  But there is a diffenece between being alone and being lonely. Also, there's something about have to eat alone while everyone else has a partner(s) that makes me feel lonely.  Hence why i tend to always be asking people to eat with me.  Call it insecurity, call it tramatic residue from an awful high school experience -- I just hate that lonely time.



So, you're probably wondering what this has to do with theatre.  Well, there are several great songs that address and capture the whole loneliness thing very well. And I thought why not share them here.

ENJOY!

I'm All Alone

A Quiet Night At Home

Alone in the Universe

Live Alone and Like It

No One is Alone











1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to the whole being alone thing too! MA is super lonely with only my parents to spend time with. Miss you Peter!

    ReplyDelete